Recon Management Services
|Mechanical Capital Projects Construction Coordinator
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Lake Charles, LA area
The need is immediate and expected duration of the
assignment would be 12 months+ depending on the work load.
- Manage day to day construction activities for
assigned portfolio of small capital projects.
- Support the development of the estimate and
schedule for the construction phase of the assigned projects.
- Develop the construction execution plan with the
project manager on the assigned portfolio of small capital projects.
- Manage and report on the construction status,
schedule, and budget.
- Change management for field activities.
- Ensure timely procurement & inspections of
tagged equipment and materials.
- Resolve any construction design issues and / or
- Establish the quality control plan for the
construction phase with the project manager and the inspection group.
Work with the inspection team to ensure execution of the plan.
- Ensure projects are constructed according to the
IFC packages and manage construction on assigned projects to ready for start-up
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED and
experience managing construction in an operating petrochemical or refining
facility (BS Degree in Engineering preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High competency in the use of the Microsoft
- Prior experience working with a SAP, Primavera
P6 and Icarus estimating is highly preferred.
- Prior experience and knowledge of industrial
construction estimating is preferred.