Finite Element Analysis
Types of FEA Analyses
MODAL NATURAL FREQUENCY
ReCon uses Abaqus CAE to perform non-linear Finite Element Analysis on various pieces of equipment and machinery. Common analysis includes:
- Level 3 Fitness For Service Assessments per API-579:
- Tank wall dents
- Pitting Damage
- Corroded Areas in piping, pressure vessels, etc.
- Lifting Lug load capacity
- Obtaining the pressure or load rating for irregular equipment geometry
- Reverse Engineering / Event recreation
- Computational Fluid Dynamic simulations
- Thermal simulations
- Dynamic / Impact Simulations
- Buckling analysis
Finite element analysis allows us to simulate and analyze most equipment without the limitations and conservativism that hand calculations present. FEA is the most versatile and accurate analysis method at a mechanical engineer’s disposal.